Restore/Restore Plus Coolant Cleaners
Once a coolant system is fouled and plugged you will not succeed in removing the “dirt” by flushing with plain water. Fleetguard’s system cleaners Restore and Restore Plus address the variety of cleaning needs. They remove contamination without harming the metal surfaces, gaskets, hoses or plastic parts of a heavy-duty cooling system. Both cleaners work quickly and effectively to solve cooling system problems, saving cost-intensive downtime. Restore is an alkaline-based chelating cleaner particularly effective in cleaning silicate gel. It is also effective in removing oil contamination and solder bloom.
Restore Plus is an acid-based chelating cleaner designed to remove heavy rust and scale deposits. It is better at removal of oil and fuel fouling than alkaline cleaners.
How to use Restore and Restore Plus
- Drain the cooling system and dispose of used coolant. Backflush the system.
- Immediately add 1 litre of Restore or Restore Plus for each 10-15 litre of cooling system capacity and fill the system with plain water.
- Turn heater temperature switch to high to allow maximum coolant flow through heater core. Blower does not need to be turned on.
- Run the engine at normal operating temperature for 2 hours.
- Drain and flush the system with plain water and change your water filter if applied.
- Refill with a fully formulated Coolant (such as Fleetguard ES Compleat)
Cummins Heavy Duty Coolant cleaning fluids are available from Sterling Filtration Ltd. Call today for a competitive quotation. Tel: 01902 491118.