Worried About Water in Your Air Intake System?
Sometimes you can’t help operating equipment in extreme moisture environments especially during the spring when the weather is unpredictable, but it’s good to be mindful of a few things to help keep your air intake system running at top efficiency.
Typical Symptoms of Water Ingestion:
- High Restriction indications.
- Mud caked in the VacValve
- Wet, wavy air filter media
- System rust, corrosion and/or water damage
- Moisture-related environmental problems such as icing
Simple Tips to Keep Water Out of Your System:
- Check and clear the VacValve daily
- Make sure the air cleaner cover and filter are installed properly
- Inspect air intake system for any leaks
Remember, a water-soaked air filter will occasionally lock-up a restriction indicator. Wet filters should always be replaced as they are prone to tear at weak, wet spots on the media. This would then allow the air flow to bypass the filter allowing dirt and debris into your air intake.
A restriction indicators ‘lock-up” restriction level is generally marked on the indicator itself. To check an indicator, remove it, wipe the base clean, then apply a small amount of vacuum. If the indicator locks up, it should still be okay to reuse this way. If not be sure to replace the indicator.
Donaldson Air cleaner assemblies and accessories are available to buy from Sterling Filtration Ltd.