MANN+HUMMEL centrifuges clean oil by generating centrifugal force 2,000 times greater than gravity. It is this force that separates solid contaminant from the oil. This technology has been proven to remove contaminant down to a sub-micron size, which is advantageous to both engine producers and users.
• Cleaner oil
• Extension of oil life
• Lengthens service intervals
• Reduces engine wear
• Enhances long-term preventative maintenance
• Reduces maintenance costs
• Cuts waste disposal costs
• Reduces application down time
• Maximises in-service time for vehicle/engines/machine
MANN+HUMMEL centrifugal oil cleaners are internationally recognised in providing superior bypass filtration for the removal of contaminant from the lubricating oil of Diesel engines. The technology can also be successfully used for gearboxes, hydraulics and other industrial fluids.
MANN+HUMMEL provide its centrifuge technology to the following market sectors:
• Power Generation
• Mining Machinery
• Industrial Fluids
• Reduces total cost of ownership
• Helps ensure clean combustion and fuel efficiency
• Supports engine technology for the reduction of exhaust emissions (e.g. exhaust gas recirculation)
• Fast return on investment
Full flow filters are designed to process all the oil used to lubricate the moving parts of the engine. However, the need to maintain a high flow and limit pressure drop across the filtration media restricts the ability to filter out sub-micron particles. This job is taken over by the centrifugal oil cleaner in the bypass. The MANN+HUMMEL centrifugal oil cleaner processes approximately 10 % of the oil flow provided by the engine pump before returning it directly to the engine sump. The removal of particles by centrifugal force is based on their relative density and therefore there is no restriction on contaminant size.
If you require more information or a competitive quote on these items please call Sterling Filtration Ltd on 01902 491118.